Re: What Works Works Validator

On Wed, June 1, 2005 3:17 pm, Richard Davey said:
> Wednesday, June 1, 2005, 10:16:50 PM, you wrote:
>
> RL> For example, I simply can't validate with a 100% height table, but
> RL> that's the only way to get the layout I want on both ancient and
> RL> current browsers.
>
> I think you need to define, quite clearly, what you regard as an
> "ancient" browser here. To my mind an "ancient" browser would be Lynx
> or the early Mozilla / Spyglass builds where tables were just a dream.
>
> What do you regard as "ancient" ?

I thought I said something about including 3.x browsers in my original
post...

At any rate:

ancient:  Browser 2.x
supported: Browser 3.x

Actually, I *think* I'd be okay in 2.x browsers, mostly sorta...  But I'm
not worried about anybody actually running 2.x

3.x is still "out there" in dwindling but non-zero numbers.

> Beyond that, why not just download the browsers and install them? :)
> I'm sure they're in the Evolt browser archive.

It's not that I don't know what HTML to use to support those browsers:
It's that I don't know that I didn't mis-type the tags in my HTML.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm