Re: Re: [users@httpd] Favorite Linux Distribution

Greg Donald wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:01:18 +0200, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> I very much disagree. I am writing this on my Fedora Core 3 box and am
>> very happy with it's 'bloat'. As a new convert form windows I am kinda
>> used to everything being there at my fingertips. And in Fedora,
>> everything is, except mp3 support which I added easily with synaptic
>> (the apt gui). I know that I will outgrow this distro, and follow this
>> thread because I am looking for in which direction to grow. But I am
>> very glad that I found Fedora because SUSE, slack, and a few others
>> were way too over my head to get started. I almost gave up.
>
> You realize Fedora is RedHat's test distro, right?  It's where they
> test new stuff for their commercial offerings.  In other words Fedora
> is forever in 'testing'.  There will never be a final 'stable'
> release.  You'll have to buy a copy of RedHat for that.  As "a new
> convert form windows" I thought you might want to know.

Fedora is about 1000 X as stable as Windows.

Believe it or not, I don't *want* to be a Linux guy, or a SysAdmin nor
track versions of 100 software packages nor subscribe to a half-dozen
security forums, nor ...

I just want to USE my computer to do what I wanted to do with it.

I don't fix my own car either.

So I use Fedora and let the experts handle the software updates.

I've tried other systems, and, yes, it was nice to have a lean mean
computing machine and to have complete control and all that -- It also was
incredibly expensive on my time, which is my most limited resource, right
ahead of the almighty dollar.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm