Re: Maxing out sessions?

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:22:23 -0500, Matt <mhoppes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> /tmp is not it's own partition... but I have 6Gig free on the / drive.
>> Right now I have 401 sessions and am pushing 2Gig on the /tmp directory.

Re-reading this...

If you've got 2Gig in /tmp, on a 6Gig free drive, I'd say that's an awful
LOT of /tmp activity...  Maybe I'm just being naive here, though, and
that's perfectly normal for a busy site.

Is the whole / partition < 60 Gig?

It's kind of Good Practice (so I've been told) to be sure you have 10%
hard drive space free for each partition at any given time...

Another idea for ya:

Try setting up PHP to use trans_sid stuff -- so the Session ID is passed
via the URL instead of Cookies, and see if that has any effect.  If you
can isolate the problem to Cookies or No Cookies being involved, you've
whacked away a very large portion of "things that could be wrong" if you
know what I mean :-)

You'll probably want to do this on a Development server and throw ab at
it, assuming you can reproduce the problem that way in the first place...

Or you might be able to transition with both Cookies and URL passsing of
the session ID for while, then switch to just URL, so that users don't
experience any discontinuity...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm