Re: Maxing out sessions?

Matt wrote:
> I have a high load server which will have anywhere between 500 and 700
> session files in the /tmp directory at max load times.  I've also
> noticed that session information seems to get lost sometimes during
> high load times... like a "remember me" function won't work... or
> you'll log in and go right back to the login page as though you had
> not logged in yet.
>
> What are my solutions to rectify this?   The machine itself is not
> overloaded, just seems like the sessions holding tank is overloaded.

What does "df -h /tmp" show under high load?

If the file system is full, re-partition for more room in /tmp

I'm also wondering if you haven't focussed in too quickly on /tmp and
sessions...

Perhaps under high load, things are breaking long before they get to the
session and /tmp stuff, and then they aren't logged in and get re-directed
to login.  I guess I'm just saying that you need to be sure you understand
the problem for sure before you flail away at it...  Or at least keep an
open mind to the possibilities being larger than you currently think.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm