Re: Maxing out sessions?

Matt wrote:
> That's actually a great idea... I know how to log sessionId... but how
> would I go about logging why the session couldn't be started (I'm sure
> that would lead me on somewhat of a track of the issue...)... like is
> there a variable I should read, or where do I get that information
> from?

Well...

session_start() may or may not have a return code to check, and may or may
not set some kind of error message somewhere...

You could find that in the manual, of course.

After that, you may want to log some info about the session itself that's
about to fail -- Or rather, information about the request and referer and
the current state of variables/data that came with this session failure.

You probably don't want to dump *everything* that has been input, but it
might be instructive to log all the cookies they *DO* have, just to see if
you've got something going on where a link to/from 'www.example.com' and
'example.com' are messing you up, or...

Just some ideas to toss out -- On the plus side, there can only be so many
things already 'set' in terms of variables, since it's messing up before
you even start the session.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm