Re: Maxing out sessions?

Matt wrote:
> /tmp is not it's own partition... but I have 6Gig free on the / drive.
> Right now I have 401 sessions and am pushing 2Gig on the /tmp directory.
>
> At the moment I am not having any session issues.   Ok.. if it isn't a
> /tmp issue (and maybe it isn't)... whatelse should I look at?   It's
> definately SOMETHING with sessions.. because you can be logged into an
> application.. and all of a sudden you'll get kicked out back to the
> "login" screen (which is where i have it programmed to go if you try
> to go to a page and aren't logged in)... you can try to log in and it
> will just keep returning you to the login page... if I go and wipe
> /tmp all is fine...
>
> What do you make of this?

Perhaps your OS only allows N files in a single directory...

Though several hundred seems awfully low...

Perhaps, right before the re-direct, you could log something into Apache
about the state of the world -- what PHPSESSID is, why the session
couldn't be started, etc.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm