Re: Hidden Images.

Rob Adams wrote:
Ok - Let me restate some of this:

I am creating these images in PHP. I have a script right now that accepts two images. A main one, and the one that will be hidden. These can be either jpg, gif, or png. It then outputs a png image like this:

http://imagineinc.net/images/

By main / hidden images, do you mean blending images together? Because what I saw from visiting this link was a background scenery with a flower etc. with red, green and blue ovals on top of it. (Firefox 1.0)

I really don't know much about graphics, and struggled quite a bit just getting it to this point. I've tried several techniques to 'dim' the hidden image, or take the color out of it, but nothing has really produced what I'm after. I'm not even sure of the terminology, but does anyone know a way to 'dim' the image or to make it blend with another image? I'm just doing this

I believe the effect you are looking for is to change the alpha value of each image. Now mind you I have never done this, but I've read posts about this type of thing and I believe this function will help you:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagecolorallocatealpha.php

As another option: if you don't need to dynamically create these blended colors with PHP then why not create the images manually? I.e. you can use something like imagemagick to modify a png/gif/jpeg and then just store the modified image on the server.

http://www.imagemagick.org/

for fun, because I thought the concept was really cool. I don't have access to my code right now, but can post it later today, if any else is interested.

--
Teach a person to fish...

Ask smart questions: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
PHP Manual: http://www.php.net/manual/en/index.php