Fwd: libphp5.so missing after compile php5.3.8

CCing the list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ferenc Kovacs <tyra3l@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:56 PM
Subject: Re:  libphp5.so missing after compile php5.3.8
To: "Smith, Mitchell" <mitchell.smith@xxxxxxx>

http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqlnd.overview.php
mysqlnd is a replacement for libmysql.
for building mysql support, you can either use libmysql or mysqlnd.
for 5.3, the default is libmysql, so if you don't pass mysqlnd for the
--with-mysql argument, then the mysql support will be built on top of
libmysql, hence you will need the mysql client libs present in your
environment.
if you specify mysqlnd, it will build the mysql extensions with
mysqlnd, which obviously don't need libmysql.

for the record: version 5.4 changes this behaviour, and mysqlnd will
be the default, so if no value is passed to --with-mysql mysqlnd will
be choosen.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu