Re: libphp5.so missing after compile php5.3.8

hi,

the with-my-sql was a typo in the email.

I have corrected the path to mysql.... then saw an error relating to mysql needing the zlib library.... so my ./configure now is:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/bin/mysql --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/zlib

This produces this:
checking for MSSQL support via FreeTDS... no
checking for MySQL support... yes
checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... no
checking for mysql_close in -lmysqlclient_r... no
checking for mysql_error in -lmysqlclient_r... no
configure: error: mysql configure failed. Please check config.log for more information

The config.log mentions contains this detail:
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 60050 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char mysql_close();
int main() {
mysql_close()
; return 0; }
configure:60284: checking for mysql_error in -lmysqlclient_r
configure:60303: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/include -O2 -fvisibility=hidden -pthread  -D_REENTRANT -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/mysql -L/usr/lib/mysql -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/zlib/lib -L/usr/local/zlib/lib -L/usr/lib  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/zlib/lib -L/usr/local/zlib/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/zlib -L/usr/local/zlib conftest.c -lmysqlclient_r  -lz -lz -lrt -lm -ldl -lnsl  -lxml2 -lz -lm -lxml2 -lz -lm 1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so when searching for -lmysqlclient_r
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a when searching for -lmysqlclient_r
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient_r
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 60292 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char mysql_error();
int main() {
mysql_error()
; return 0; }

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mitchell

On 15 September 2011 12:25, Ferenc Kovacs <tyra3l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>configure: error: Cannot find MySQL header files under yes.
>>>Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled anymore!
>
> you should fix it at first,and then compile it right.

I'm surprised that it even tries to build mysql when --with-my-sql is
passed to configure instead of --with-mysql

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu

--
Mitchell Smith
Junior Developer

The information contained in this email (and any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient
and have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the message and any attachments.
If you are not the named addressee, you must not copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email.
Cable & Wireless Communications Plc and its affiliates reserve the right to monitor all email communications through their networks to
ensure regulatory compliance.

Cable & Wireless Communications Plc is a company registered in England & Wales with number:
07130199 and offices located at 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ