Re: libphp5.so missing after compile php5.3.8

Hi,

that returns no files, i have tried in the src folder, the installed dir, and for the full system directory structure.
[root@CWICISRH014 php]# find . -name "libphp*.so"
[root@CWICISRH014 php]# cd /usr/local/src/php-5.3.8/
[root@CWICISRH014 php-5.3.8]# find . -name "libphp*.so"
[root@CWICISRH014 php-5.3.8]# cd /
[root@CWICISRH014 /]# find . -name "libphp*.so"
[root@CWICISRH014 /]#

If i execute find . -name "libphp*" i see the following 2 files.

[root@CWICISRH014 /]# find . -name "libphp*"
./usr/local/src/php-5.3.8/sapi/apache/libphp5.module.in
./usr/local/src/php-5.3.8/sapi/apache_hooks/libphp5.module.in
[root@CWICISRH014 /]#

I am wondering if the make/make install commands do not compile the libphp5.so

Thanks,

Mitchell

On 15 September 2011 10:04, Sharl.Jimh.Tsin <amoiz.shine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
在 2011-09-14三的 19:27 +0100,Smith, Mitchell写道:
> hi,
>

> I am trying to install PHP and Apache2, however when i execute make
> install for php, the required libphp.so file does not appear to be
> compiled/created.
>

> After extracting the PHP 5.3.8 (tar.gz)
>

> # export CFLAGS=-O2
> # ./configure --prefix /usr/local/php --with-my-sql
> --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
> # make
> # make test
> # make install
>

> I can see a file libphp5.module.in (I think thats what it is named,
> within the extracted source folder, but have searched for and cannot
> find the reuired libphp5.so file..
>

> OS: CentOS 5.5 64bit
> Apache2
> PHP5.3.8
>

> Is there another configure parameter i need to set, or a way to
> compile libphp5.so individually.
>

> I have searched forums for this, and cant seem to find an answer.
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>

> Thanks,
> --
> Mitchell Smith
>

> The information contained in this email (and any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient
> and have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the message and any attachments.
> If you are not the named addressee, you must not copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email.
> Cable & Wireless Communications Plc and its affiliates reserve the right to monitor all email communications through their networks to
> ensure regulatory compliance.
>
> Cable & Wireless Communications Plc is a company registered in England & Wales with number:
> 07130199 and offices located at 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ

cd php-x.x.x,try find . -name "libphp*.so"

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.

--
Mitchell Smith
Junior Developer