Installation issue

Hi,

I have (seemingly) successfully installed both Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.6 on my PC here at home.  I followed the installation instructions carefully and have visted the FAQ sites and help guides.  Still, I cannot get an embedded PHP script (in a HTML file) to be executed by Apache.  I can run PHP as stand-alone without problem and when I type in http://localhost I see the "It Works!" message.  There are no errors reported in the Apache error log.  I noticed in the PHP documentation that if I can see the php source when I select "View Source" from the browser that this means it is not being handed over to Apache, so there is a problem with configuration.  I have tried both methods (CGI and "As Module") but neither make a difference in the outcome.

HELP?!

Thanks,

Jerry