Re: Installation issue

Keith,
If you can't get this working, and you are using a Windows, not Linux/Unix machine, do the following (the online doc are not complete or detailed enough I have found):

1) Rename the PHP file in your PHP directory to PHP.ini (add the .ini extension to it).
2) In your Apache httpd.conf file (localed in the apache's conf directory do the following

Here is the proper apache directives to load php, preferbly saved as php.conf and included from your main config.

#load the php main library to avoid dll hell
Loadfile "C:\pathtophp\php5ts.dll"

#load the sapi so that apache can use php
LoadModule php5_module "C:\pathtophp\php5apache2_2.dll"

#set the php.ini location so that you don't have to waste time guessing where it is
PHPIniDir "C:\pathtophp"

#Hook the php file extensions, notice that Addtype is NOT USED, since that's just stupid
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

3)
Do not copy any php files anywhere
Do not edit the system path. If you have deleted them.

4) Delete any additions from you httpd.conf and php.ini that you have made to try to get it to work.

5) restart your apache server. It should work.

fivetomins@xxxxxxxxx on Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 3:25 AM  wrote:

Hi,

I have (seemingly) successfully installed both Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.6
>on my PC here at home.  I followed the installation instructions
>carefully and have visted the FAQ sites and help guides.  Still, I cannot
>get an embedded PHP script (in a HTML file) to be executed by Apache.  I
>can run PHP as stand-alone without problem and when I type in [
>http://localhost ]http://localhost I see the "It Works!"
>message.  There are no errors reported in the Apache error log.  I
>noticed in the PHP documentation that if I can see the php source when I
>select "View Source" from the browser that this means it is not
>being handed over to Apache, so there is a problem with configuration.  I
>have tried both methods (CGI and "As Module") but neither make
>a difference in the outcome.

HELP?!

Thanks,

Jerry