To: php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Marshall Youngblood <myoungbl@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  New User

I've never used PHP. I have used VB6 and VB.NET and have experience using ASP and HTTP. I would like to learn PHP without having to make any major conversions to my home PC where I wish to learn. My home PC is a Athlon quad core running Vista Home Premium. I have not installed IIS and don't really know if I can in this version of Vista, but I'm considering installing VMPlayer and downloading a virtual machine for this purpose.

Cosidering my system, what is the best way to get started learning PHP.

Thanks.