Re: configure problems with GD

> You need to compile PHP last against Apache and MySQL. There's no need to
> compile MySQL - just use the pre-compiled statically linked binary. PHP is
> the 'glue' to connect everything together last. So if you compile Apache
> first, then install the MySQL binary, then compile PHP last against these,
> you might be up and running then.
>
> HTH
>
> Keith Roberts

Thanks for the reply.

As reported in Jamie Harris' thread <<PHP 5.2.5 Build Errors,?XML linking
problem>>, I found that using the identical configure options, 5.2.4
configure and make behaved perfectly.

Something in 5.2.5 configure has gone wrong as a result of compiling Apache
(or zlib or something....). Whatever it was, it has not interfered with
configure for 5.2.4.

Maybe I should do a 'diff' on the two versions of configure?

As for compiling MySQL I tried it a few years ago and gave up. It was an
absolute pleasure to find I could take the latest binaries and compile it
first time with no problems at all.

Mike