Re: Publishing Questions

There is only one way to deal with the copyright issue.  Mark everything with the formula (symbol/date/name), register as much as possible. Noone is going to pirate your book, but many will appropriate individual photographs wherever you put them.

Pitfalls?  Don’t commit to the full printing until you can account for how you’re going to get rid of at least half of it.  Quality is key.  Most PID printing is not good enough for a coffee table book.  Nothing is gained from using more than 300 dpi. Be prepard to market the product, if possible do the marketing beforehand to get to the 50% committment point.  4-color seps on high gloss paper is the only professional product.

Scannable bar code is essential along with ISBN if your book is going to be catalogued by the Library of Congress (for the covenience of libraries worldwide) and sell in stores or online.