Re: Observatons about PF gallery photographs

You know, guys, bigger is not always better.  I have a 22” monitor and have to scroll down to see parts of at least 3 of the photos in this week’s gallery.  I don’t think that should be necessary - not being able to see the entire image on a screen that large.

4x6 or 5x7.5 ought to be big enough.

> Robert Earnest - When that much foreground is invisible I advise either what Randy recommended or cropping it off.  The mountain and stars are so crisp it’s really a shame to rob attention from them with nearly half the image a great blob of undifferentiated data.
>
> Art Faul - OSHA in the time of Leonardo, 1974

Nice outside the box conceptualization.  Light’s a little flat.

> Dan Mitchell - Tinkerbell -

Nice looking cat, but I find all the data on either side very distracting.

> Howard Leigh - Time for Coffee and Chat -

If the texture of the skin was what attracted me, I would pass on this opportunity and go find one where I could explore the attraction.

> John Retallack - 36 Ford Cabriolet -

So many photos there.  The reflection of the 3 guys in the back of the rumble seat for instance.  I hope you explored some of them too.

> Lew Schwartz - Cedar Swamp, 2015 -

I’m not sure I see any cedars.  I have a cedar swamp near me which is equally disorganized.  It needs a great deal of looking to find an effective compostion.  This one seems to me to be just a bunch of trees and brush sitting in water.  No special light, no particular point of view, no visible sense of framing, no contrast, not even any cedars.

Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
774-269-5968
http://www.landsedgephoto.com