Re: SXXX RGB

Shoot film, then it can be anything your scanner likes, for ex. Adobe 1998 RGB from a Creo

On Feb 5, 2015, at 5:48 PM, Herschel Mair <herschphoto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I get that and obviously we shoot and work in the widest possible color space and deepest possible bit depth to gather the most image data we can. Bigger sensors to catch every last drop of noise-free picture data.

Printing technology is astonishing.
It's extraordinary that they can get the technology past 8bit having to cope with 250 odd different size bubbles at the print head…  let alone  thousands of different sized bubbles.

But what we're talking about here is not what the technology is capable of. It's someone who has to print stuff which has already been shot and processed in sRGB.

To map the sRGB files back to Adobe 1998 is NOT going to improve anything… Where will that extra information come from?  The ether?
Where will the shadow and highlight detail come from? A bunch of numbers the computer has to make up?
No, I stick with keeping it at sRGB.
Herschel