Re: Question re: shutter activations

On 2013-08-31 07:31, Jan Faul wrote:

> I spoke to a woman yesterday who shoots horse shows on a 7D and every
> weekend is above 2500 exposures. Her first shutter death happened around
> 157k adn her second happened at 213k.

That's one spot where many kinds of professional photography put greater
strain on a camera than my amateur uses.  I've only got 49k exposures on
my D700, and under 10k on my Olympus EPL-2, both of which I've had for
years.  I *do* shoot 1500 or so shots in a day if I'm covering an event
-- but I don't do it anything like every week, let alone every day.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info