Re: Question re: shutter activations

Using the info button when an image is displayed, I get a number for the last image: 100-0321 (it's a quite new Canon 6D.)  The next shot will be numbered 100-0322.  Now, if I go back and erase, say 100-0100 through 100-0110, there will be gap in the number sequence, but the last image will still be numbered 100-0322. I think that there have been 322 actual shutter activations.

This numbering will continue to 100-9999, or 9,999 actuations  The next file number will be 200-0001, so there will then have been 10,000 actuations.  I don't see how you can call that 20,000 actuations.  That shouldn't happen until you've passed 200-9999.  The 19,950 actuation mark should translate to an image number 200-9950.

Best, Roger

Sent from my iPad