Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2013-06-12 13:55, RsLittle wrote:

> Its a bit more complecated then that.  Those charateres even on the mac would break automation scripts.  Probably wont work in linux either.   Pretty sure its a no in all scripting languages.  So while we photographers dont have to worry about names.  Many other professions do.  It one reason you bank probably doesnt allow special characters in user name an password.

No, Linux allows any character except NUL and "/" in filenames.
Sometimes you have to use quoting conventions to represent those
filenames in command-line arguments, though :-).  (That's a shell issue
and not a filesystem issue.)

(Yes, even newline.  One of the standard tricks on newbies is to create
files in their directory that they can't figure out how to delete.)