Re: digital art issues.

Password Alert! This message may contain a request for your password. NEVER SEND OR RESPOND TO E-MAIL REQUESTS FOR YOUR PASSWORD. For questions about this alert, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 585-475-4357 (v), 585-475-2810 (tty), or servicedesk@xxxxxxx.

Its a bit more complecated then that.  Those charateres even on the mac would break automation scripts.  Probably wont work in linux either.   Pretty sure its a no in all scripting languages.  So while we photographers dont have to worry about names.  Many other professions do.  It one reason you bank probably doesnt allow special characters in user name an password.

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/12/2013 2:28 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: digital art issues.

At 1:27 PM -0400 6/12/13, PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Interesting. You mean Adobe Photoshop on a PC can't open your files
>because they were created on a MAC. I just tried to save a file with
>the copyright symbol in the name and it is a forbidden character in
>Adobe Photoshop on the PC.
>Roy

No, I mean a PC running Micro$loth operating system still, now in
2013!, cannot open a file with the copyright symbol in its filename.

As your trial revealed it does not matter which OS the file was named
in.  What matters is that Micro$loth is so full of itself, still in
the age of iPads and open source software, that it will not open my
files if I try to add a little protection to them by including the
copyright symbol in their filename.

This is childishness in the extreme.  It's 2013.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx