Re: digital art issues.

On 2013-06-12 12:59, PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I can see why. The * is a system  word for searching for all files.  i.e.
> *.jpg  produces a list of all files with this ending in earlier Window  OS
> and earlier programs.

That interpretation is in the command line processor, not in the
filesystem; on other systems with that convention (the whole Unix family
including Linux), it's perfectly possible to have a filename with "*" in
it, though it can be tricky to refer to that file from the command line
:-)  (not impossible, but you have to do something beyond just typing
it).  The only characters you can't use in Unix file and directory names
are NUL and slash (slash separates directories in a path, and Unix is
pretty deeply built on C-style null-terminated strings).

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info