Re: digital art issues.

On 2013-06-12 12:10, PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I do my back ups by copying a large folder of photo files. When I tried
> this after starting to use CS3 windows XP couldn't read the files with the
> smart  layer in them. I had to reopen them in Photshop CS3 and flatten out the
> smart  layer or take them out completely and then resave in Photoshop. Then
> Windows XP  could copy them. Also in Windows 7 when using Window Explorer
> the psd files show  up just as an icon while jpg and tiff files show up as the
> image. I assume  all this was just incompatiblity in code.

Well, Windows is certainly weird.  But this described behavior is
"impossible"; the action of copying doesn't *look* at the bytes as they
go by at all.  Files are a series of arbitrary bytes, and no file
content is invalid.  The filesystem is completely unaware of the
internals of the file, what any of it means.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info