Re: June 1, 2013 Reviews

Well now we know you're an Aussie.  :-)

On Jun 4, 2013 1:13 AM, "karl shah-jenner" <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "YGelmanPhoto" <ygelmanphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: June 1, 2013 Reviews

I have a great idea.  There have been about a dozen emails in the past two
hours regarding what cropping is, or is not, and other issues closely
related to cropping.  So why not you two guys -- and others may ask to join
your discussion --  correspond privately, rather than using the Forum.
When you've Finally entered your last arguments (and only then), please
write up a summary of all your arguments and ideas about cropping, and just
post the summary.

In all due respect,
 -yoram

I am sorry Yoram that this topic bores you, I was also unaware either of us had gone over our posting quota, however as often as we hug and congratulate eacvh other here, spirited conversations will emerge and Randy and I are expressing our opinions and sharing information as colleagues, bringing various snips of information to the forum rather than just hurling abuse at each other or me speculating Randy's fondess for wearing womens undergarments or my latent interest in fungi..

for example many may not be aware that content aware image resizing, seam carving or 'liquid resizing' is available to cinematographers..  some may never have realised making prints was really taking a macro photograph of a negative, or that Randy is accomplished in the movie industry (I have only a few under my belt and I refuse credits, and no, they don't involve jiggly bits) , some may be interested to know marked lens focal lengths are not always what is stated on the lens - important in some situations, as it the method of determining this was shared with the group.. Randy also revealed that enlarging an image may degrade it's quality and resolution.  Some may not have known that!  Andy also dropped in a post which seems to suggest he has a psychotic aversion to string.. or windows, not sure yet - I'll wait for the morning coffee to kick in.