Re: June 1, 2013 Reviews

On Jun 4, 2013, at 1:58 AM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

90mm Summicron, 85mm Zuiko, now 85mm Nikkor (and 45mm Olympus for Micro Four Thirds, 90mm-equivalent angle of view).  And I never did like the 105mm Nikkor, it was too long.

In fact, I do hear the 85mm cited most often as the portrait length. I've since gone on to liking that to longer -- out to say 135 or even 200.

I wasn’t going to enter the fray, but I feel that my best portrait lens is still the Nikkor 105 f2.5 no matter how much advertising Canon does to push their 85mm f1.2. A lot of our perceptions are colored by advertising rather than fact.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Camera Works - The Washington Post