Re: June 1, 2013 Reviews

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM, karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
most  have a 185 degree field of view horizontally.
most  have a 15 degree field of attention - that's when we position ourselves such that the object of our attention feels comfortable (we stand a distance from a person such that the face fits with this angle)
most have merely 1/60th of degree of critical focus. hold a match in front of you and look at the top of the match head, now the bottom - you can't focus on both at once!

what you are neglecting here is that our Peripheral vision is crap.   Good only for discerning motion.   So when people where doing things like trying to figure out formats like 4:3.   They where only interested in those areas that fell within the area of human vision that had a certain amount of visual acuity.   Less then that was then disregarded as unnecessary.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/