Re: PF members exhibit June 1, 2013

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Randy Little - WALL - Yep, definitely.  And those are bigger stones making the foundation
than I would have originally guessed, too. It seems sad to me that such a huge wall is not being maintained better -- plaster/paint peeling and cracking, big smears, and so forth.

the wall is fine.  It gets painted every year because the stone is porous water from the top soaks through and the water and the sulfur in the water make the paint come off.    The whole place was falling down until Mao left power and they started restoring it.  Its the entrance to the forbidden city  just across from Tian a men.   I love to go here when ever I am working in Beijing and see all the people.   summer Palace is also a great place to people watch.