Re: PF members exhibit on 01-19-13

On Sat, January 19, 2013 9:10 am, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
> http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html
>

> John Palcewski - Subway

This is interesting in an odd, voyeristic way. We are at a low angle
(presumably because you were shooting from the hip), but he is an
interesting, intense-looking character. I like how the Exit arrow is
pointing at his upper head; it was probably just a happy accident. I don't
like the last fellow looking at the camera, but you take what you can get.

> Rob Talbot - 53.139444,-4.275315

Well, I went there with google maps, and then to street view, and damned
if there weren't three bicycle racks in a row! I'm not sure what to think
of the photo, though; it isn't really compelling, but they are not
entirely unattractive, either, with the bands of pavement above them.

> Bobbi Blazy - Dandelion

This is incredible. Really. I don't know what you did in post, and I don't
care. It's excellent. Insect-like, mandala-like.

> Dan Mitchell - Snow Land

This is infrared in feel. The composition isn't bad, it just feels a
little uncomfortable, with the empty space on the left, the large tree off
the frame, and a lot of nearly blank sky. It *might* work better with the
tree wholly in the frame and less sky, or perhaps in a tighter crop of
less tree and more house.

> Randy Little -

This image is much larger than this gallery's requirements. It is also out
of focus, unexposed, and oddly tinted. I assume all of these were
intentional.

> Bob McCulloch - Storm at National Harbor

This image is a little small to really see well. From the title of the
photograph, it seems that you'd like the clouds to be the subject, but the
triangular warning sign is dead center, and commands my attention. The
leading line of the bridge even leads right to it.

> Marilyn Dalrymple - Cactus Flower:  Brasilicereus Phaeacanthus

This image is also too small to really see well. What I can see I like,
but it looks like the highlights are somewhat blown out. But because the
image is so small, I can't really be sure if there are any details in the
highlights or not. I enjoyed your description.

> Jan Faul - William Patterson House, Gettysburg FINAL

I already commented on this image the last time you submitted it. I
appreciate that you worked hard to remove all those elements we cannot see
(the viewer, of course, rarely cares about how much work goes into a
photograph, they only care about what they can see now), but the image
does not improve for me the second time I see it.

Andrew