[no subject]

PF Gallery Jan 19, 2013

My thoughts:

John Palcewski - Subway

 The gentleman concentrating on the newspaper makes this photo for me. Thinking a bottom crop just below the darker brown tiles would make this photo stronger. The three heads create a diagonal line which works nicely here.

Rob Talbot - 53.139444,-4.275315

  The light is wonderful in this photo. Enjoy the minimalism. A slight crop on the right and another at the bottom may work better, although the shot works either way.

Bobbi Blazy - Dandelion ...

Dan Mitchell - Snow Land

  Snow land indeed!  My eye stays right in the center going back and forth from the blue roof house to the mass of frozen trees. A crop across the top just above the band of lighter color, and another at the bottom turn this into more of a horizontal.  Nice shot.

Randy Little

  At first I was not sure about the grainy texture. Just snipped off the bottom almost up to the small leap tip on the left and can feel the love.  Some desaturation and lowering the contrast
gives the rose a bit more of a glow.

Bob McCulloch - Storm at National Harbor

  Reminds me of warm, lazy days spent in Maryland hoping to get a shot as well done as yours. (with a marker in it of course)

Marilyn Dalrymple - Cactus Flower:  Brasilicereus Phaeacanthus

  Are the brightest areas toned down on your end?  Looks like hints of yellow and pink in the bloom but the highlights are fighting my eye. I would like to see a bounce of light on the cactus itself. Perhaps this photo did not show as well here as it is on your end,
would enjoy this shot as it looks on your computer.

Jan Faul - William Patterson House, Gettysburg FINAL

  A favorite time of year in Gettysburg where the sky is not always as blue as in your photograph. The larger this one gets the building bothers me a bit, but then I am not sure of the final use of this shot.  Enjoying the look of the grain as well as your edits.

 - Blazy