Re: Criminalizing Photography

Here in the U.K. the situation is very similar - and completely baffling. Regular reports appear in the papers of Police or Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) harassing photographers under the name of "security".

However in all the major terrorist acts (as far as anyone knows) there has been no evidence of the terrorists taking photographs in preparing their murderous activities...

On 12 August my girl-friend and I went to the Olympic Venue at Stratford. We chatted to armed police, I took photographs of her with them, indeed everywhere their colleagues and minor security officers (PCSOs) were talking and smiling to visitors and taking and being photographed with them.
The next day we took my grandson and granddaughter to the same venue and exactly the same thing happened. I've sent the resulting image to the gallery.

The resulting atmosphere were was warm, friendly, happy - and we all felt secure, not threatened. If the same atmosphere prevailed as a norm everywhere, the general public would be far more cooperative, and the net gain to all enormous. And security would enhanced, not reduced.

Howard