Re: Jan Faul's return

I took a quick tour through your site and it’s been a long time since I saw somebody devote their creative efforts to b/w only. The work looks solid and focused and it is an education to go through the various plants. I used to have a magnolia and I remember all the weird little things it had and did. Observations is strong, but it turns out that the whole is more exciting than just Observations.

I live near Washington DC, and ever  since 9/11, it has been increasingly difficult to shoot on a tripod within the city limits for as various law enforcement types  seem to think a Gitzo with a geared Manfrotto 410 head is a good place to seat a rifle. I’m pretty sure the Gitzo would get knocked over from the recoil of the first shot. But I wouldn’t know, as when I shoot, it is never with a gun.

JAn