Re: IR conversion - Was: wannabe

On 2012-06-01 21:24, Alberto Tirado wrote:
From: David Dyer-Bennet<dd-b@xxxxxxxx>

.  When you use
an R87 in *front* of the lens, it's fighting with the "hot mirror"
inside the camera body.

I used to know that, but I completely forgot about it when I ordered the filter. All things considered, my next idea is to give a try to removing the internal blocking filter of the Rebel XT myself and then use the filter (I know I will have to set up the picture first and then install the filter to shoot). I wouldn't do it to the T3i, since its brand new, but I tried to sell the XT and nobody wanted it, so heck. Its all for Science!

I remember I've seen instructions for various bodies online -- I think from one of the services that does it commercially (on the grounds that most of their customers would see how complex it was and just pay them, and perhaps also from a general impulse to share rather than hiding information), so you may be able to find quite specific instructions for that or a similar model with a little research.

Somebody mentioned articles in digital IR - I remember professor Davidhazy also has an article about IR experimenting with an Agfa camera!

If the body is recent enough to have Live View, that also works very well of course.

Tina, I said I was rich, but "conceptually", as in learned and cultivated ;)

In many ways more important, but not exchangeable for an M8 :-).
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info