Re: marilyn's choices

I recently bought 'docstogo' on the iPad which I new from the Palm and
never really liked.
Later that day I opened up 'Cloudon' a free
download I believe and found a much better word like interface.
As yet
I haven't used it enough to review but I'm optimistic that this is the
solution for me.

Professionals - Students"<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: Re:
marilyn&#39;s choices

>I might be satisfied with a laptop dedicated
to writing, which would not
>require a software purchase or upgrade if
using Microsoft Office.  A large
>screen and a keyboard that feels just
right for typing would be a must.
> Might even invest in a good voice
program to type for me.
>An Asus with Windows XP might work out in the
above scenerio.

<mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I carry a pen and paper just
for those ideas that come at odd times.  The
>> older I get the more I
understand but the less I remember lol

--------
<marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Fri, June 01, 2012 9:34 am
>> To:
List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students

<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> Decisions, decisions. Paper and
pencil are beginning to sound so good{:->
>> I do appreciate all the
help I'm receiving, though.

>> Marilyn
>>

>> ****

Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two

>> about
>> growing up?
>> Would the knowledge you know now have saved
you from learning things the
>> hard way?
>>
>> It's Tough Growing Up:
Children's Stories of Courage
>> Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
>> www.itstoughgrowingup.com>> ***
>> Where's Ezra? A children's story
about being and having friends.
>> Marilyn Dalrymple, author; Leslie
Duffey, Illustrator
Jenner
>> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:27 PM
>> To: List for
Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
>> Subject: Re:
marilyn's choices

>> Mark:
>>
>> I have an ipad and have been
disappointed with the word processing
>> capabilities. It is about the
only thing I have been disappointed with
>> though. Without a USB port,
no easy way to print without an extra step
>> (like something like drop
box)

>> Honestly I think you would be better served with any form
of netbook. It is
>> cheaper than an ipad, has a USB port to make
moving things around easier,
>> can handle most printers and is lighter
than most laptops. A netbook is
>> probably a couple of hundred bucks.
What is a mac book going for these
>> days??? 12 to 13 hundred or so??
Big difference if all you need is word
>> processing.

I'll second Mark's suggestion.
>> Even second hand netbooks purchased
from ebay would do the job extremely
>> well. Most have solid state
drives and embedded operating systems which
>> means they're almost
impossible to corrupt (i'd avoid anything carrying the
>> bloated
windows7 OS). they're light with usually good battery life.
>> Writing
doesn't require speedy processors after all..

>> I recall the
prolific Piers Anthony saying his family had bought him a
>> laptop to
help him write his novels and he'd tried ever so hard to use the

thing.. but he felt if you couldn't chase one of the children with it

>> tucked
>> under the arm, it was never going to replace his pencil
and paper notepad
>> ;)
>>
>> I know another writer who wrote on a
little HP LX200. He favoured it as it
>> ran for 30-40 hours before he
needed to switch the AA batteries ;) Mind
>> you, these things can now
cost more than the origianl sales price. Files
>> are moved on and off
via a CF or SD card. There's an infinite number of
>> devices out there
with usable integrated keyboards, palm to notebook sized
>> which can
cost very little and for single purpose would do the job
>> extremely

>> well without having to resort to anything cutting edge.
>>

>> Not
to leave apple enthusiasts out, I bought an Emate for an apple using

friend from Ebay just for fun. He fell in love withe the retro device
and