Gallery review

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Lea Murphy - Rachel, eight years old
	I have what I call my 'desert island' list which is an imaginary list of photographs I've taken that, if I were to be stranded on a desert island and could only have one photo of each person close to me, would be the one I'd want. This one of Rachel is hers.

Kostas Papakotas - King Kong II
	Hmmmm. Nice contrast.

Trevor Cunningham - karela
	While I admire the really lovely stitching job on this I'm left unmoved by the image. I don't have any idea what it is nor any sense of its perspective. Perhaps that doesn't matter but it renders the image meaningless to me. Things I think it might be: a sea creature, a plant pod, a bumpy pepper.

                Emily Ferguson - Niagara falls in winter
	Oh my, yes. The light is really interesting in this image how it brightens the snow and yet isn't so backlit on the railing that no detail is visible. The steam/mist in the center is a bit thick but you have no control over that and even still it doesn't ruin the image for me one bit. Digital capture or scan?

                John Palcewski - Fore!
	Interesting. I can't quite wrap my head around how you did this. Bouncing? Mirror? Hmmmm. Your lighting is very nice.

                Sherie Taylor - Venice Pier
	Nice light but the image is too messy for my taste. Other than to say 'you were there' this image doesn't do much for me.

                Bob McCulloch - East River
	I've never been a fan of how ultra (and some non-ultra) wide lenses make things that ought to be straight go all bendy. That said, I like the buildings in this image, mostly I like the light on them. The foreground balcony area is distracting and I'm not at all clear on what the darkness overhead is but I think I could tolerate it in the image if the balcony you're standing on were not there. As it is the image seems rather wide with no focus to my eye.

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com