Comments

Robert G. Earnest
Butte, Montana:  This has a three dimensional look and it covers a tremendous area.  I like the reflections in the water.  I’d love to stand on the hill and fill my lungs with the clean, fresh air.

Sherie Taylor
Venice Pier at sunrise:  There wasn’t too much to hold my interest until I saw the one lone bird.  That gives the photo a feeling of expansiveness and I like that.

Dan Mitchell
Narrowboat:  That is an interesting boat.  I’d like to see the insides of it.  I’m intrigued by the reflections in the windows.

Emily L. Ferguson
Late spring afternoon, Boston, MA.:  The angles of the buildings are peculiar, but that adds interest.  Black and white is the prefect medium for this image.

Howard Leigh
Wet Whitehaven, Cumbria, U.K.:  I like this photograph.  The blur of the figure makes it look as if the person is trying to escape, but to where?  It’s kind of a gritty time capsule.

John Palcewski
For Sale:  The gentleman seems to be lost in thought, but is he just trying to avoid the young lady’s gaze?  This is a slice-of-life  photograph and it holds many messages:  Trying to get by the best you can; trying to avoid the obvious; each trying to cope with what they have – or don’t have.

Bob McCulloch
Mysterious Island:  A beaten and well-worn path to the mysterious island.  It looks as if the island would offer privacy and freedom.  No wonder the path to it is worn.

Christopher Strevens
Bus crowd:  The title “Ordered Chaos” came to mind.  This image holds my interest and it makes me wonder what all the people are thinking, and where they are going?

Thank you to those who contributed to the gallery show this week and to Andy and staff for hanging the show.  I don’t always comment, but do always enjoy the work.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com
***
Where's Ezra? A children's story about being and having friends.
Marilyn Dalrymple, author; Leslie Duffey, Illustrator