A few comments on member's photographs

as seen at the PhotoForum's exhibit space: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

John  - Beata -  good thinking! the photo has an impish quality to it that is very appealing. Maybe the rose on right could have been closer to the others but as is I very much like the portrait ... make one want to see more.

John Palcewski - Cheeky  - is this a "decisive moment" or was one of the subjects posing? Good spur of the moment photograph! What were they thinking? this photograph has a sense of mystery to it as well - I guess I like a bit of mystery in photographs.

Bob McCulloch - Country Road - very appealing pastoral scene - it goes agains convention in terms of the path leading out of the frame and maybe it is that that makes it inviting.

Herschel Mair - Bursting water balloon - shows the power of (cheap) mechanical as opposed to electronic (expensive) synchronization solutions!

Laurenz Bobke -  Avon - I think that while a visually pleasant scene this fails to convey what the real thing was as described by your text. I think memories sometimes are stronger than the photographs we make.

Yoram Gelman - Evening Kiss -- or -- Have We Met Before? - what I noticed first about this was that there were so many vertical elements that "fought" with the horizontal bridge. The part of the bridge on right tends to confuse the issues.

Peeter Vissak - Family and premises - this is a bit too  dark to fully appreciate the scene. It could be improved by the presence of elves or pixies.

FWIW my $.01
Andy