Re: A few comments on member's photographs

On Jan 4, 2012, at 2:26 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

as seen at the PhotoForum's exhibit space: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

. . .
Yoram Gelman - Evening Kiss -- or -- Have We Met Before? - what I noticed first about this was that there were so many vertical elements that "fought" with the horizontal bridge. The part of the bridge on right tends to confuse the issues.

. . .
FWIW my $.01
Andy

Andy, I actually sent this image as a New Year's sentiment rather than a serious photograph.  So I'll return my portion of the penny to you and accept your comment.  But notice that the bridge itself has vertical elements.  Also, cropping away the structure on the right unfortunately removes the feeling of expansiveness that I wanted to keep.  So all-in-all it's just another sentimental shot.

Happy New Year (to all as well) and thanks for your efforts behind the Forum.

  -yoram