Re: First Photographic Emulsions Exposure Time?

Hi Andy, I was just making the point about the long exposures with the early processes, like Heliography. Somewhere I've got a dag that shows the head-brace used to keep people still enough to get a sharp portrait back in the early days. I've been shooting here in Belfast with a 4x5 loaded withvTri-X. Quite a few of my images are losing the pedestrians because of their movement with the long exposures. The local skateboard park has people showing up standing along the edges, but the "bowl" is completely devoid of skaters. Fun stuff!