Re: First Photographic Emulsions Exposure Time?

well getting some blury, ghost-like images of people is my intention.

regarding gear, I have an +3 ND and a polarizer. Lwest iso is 100 but I can overexpose one stop. Then there are the local club members that can easily lent me oen more ND, I ahve a bunck of adpaters to fit all dimensions form 42 to 77....

So...what you'd be the first camera speed to try? (the go from there since we are talking digital)

and I am not sure...is there an exposure reciprocity issue with digital sensors?

--- Στις Σάβ., 27/08/11, ο/η Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> έγραψε:
I'd opine that the exposure times would have to be quite a bit longer than 2 seconds for pedestrian traffic and bystanders to "disappear"  from an exposure. I'd probably go for a minute or three or more. Anyone who is loitering (such as the shoeshine scene in a "famous" photograph pretty much devoid of anything that moved - or a scene in Grand Central Station where again there is little evidence of human presence) will of course still be visible albeit maybe a bit blurry - nless it is a sleeting individual. :) just my opinion ... to get such long exposure times at relatively high sensor speeds you'd probably use neutral density filters ... or maybe a couple of stacked  partially crossed polarizers .