Re: Coffee as a developer

Thanks Pablo!

On 7/16/11 6:56 AM, Pablo Coronel wrote:
YES, check the silent observer (DON QUALLS) website for many other " developments" (pun) on this formulas.
http://silent1.home.netcom.com/Photography/Dilutions%20and%20Times.html
Caffenol
8 oz.
	Water
2 tsp (level)
	Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
4 tsp (slightly rounded) 	Folger's Coffee Crystals
Mix soda until completely dissolved and solution is clear. Add coffee, mix until all grittiness is gone and solution is uniform, let stand 5-10 minutes until microbubbles clear. Use within 30 minutes. Gives imagewise stain and general (fog) stain.

Film (EI)
	Time (at 20° C)
	Agitation Interval
(old) Tri-X (400)
	30
	1
Fomapan 100
	30
	1

Caffenol C
8 oz.
	Water
2 1/2 tsp (level)
	Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1 g
	Ascorbic acid or erythorbic acid (supplement or technical, 97%)
4 tsp (slightly rounded) 	Folger's Coffee Crystals
Mix as for Caffenol. Expect slight film speed increase (1/3 to 2/3 stop) and little or no stain.

Film (EI)
	Time (at 20° C) 	Agitation Interval
(old) Tri-X (400)
	12
	3^1
Fomapan 400/Ultra 400
	12
	1^2
HP5+
	12
	1^3
Note 1: Flow marks; adjustment still required.
Note 2: Very heavy fog, may be untenable combination.
Note 3: Considerable fog, but contrast looks okay.

You can also make Rodinal equivalent with paracetamol (Tylenol).

As per fixer, hypo is generally sold in pool supply stores or chemistry stores; chlorine clear or something like that,

Cheers
PABLO