Member's gallery comments

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated June 11, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>
> A lengthy argument developed over installing 8 or 10 photographs. Eventually this was fixed, washed, and 10 were hung to dry.
>
>          Ken Frazier - A Father's Love
I see a child trying to get attention from the computer. I am projecting, as I see this with my Grandchildren and their parents.

>          David Dyer-Bennet - Dinosaur! Oh, okay, Emu.
Love the eye of the bird...yes, a dinosaur, but I would like to see the legs/feet.

>          Jim Snarski - Preening
The pristine whiteness and body gesture are beautifully crafted, but again, the feet?

>          Lea Murphy - Edyn playing with refrigerator magnets
Wonderful body gesture of child seen by photographer. The title, for me, does not fit. The lines mirrored by the shoulder blades, plus body position lend a seriousness, not play (even though children can "seriously" play).

>          Emily Ferguson - Hanging the show
Title explains the picture. I have experienced this so much that I am unable to get beyond the remembered act of hanging pics to judge the picture.

>          Robert Hall - Henry Cowell
Dark, romantic landscape. Path leads to where? Still like it.

>          John Retallack - Make Believe
Masked face, behind fence with crossed hands. All leads to hiding. Would not have been the same in color.

>          Eric Grace - Rocky. Mountain. Not-so-high
Reference to song creates conflict of meaning. Drug-high (gesture of figure), altitude-high(Colorado)? Depth of field use creates the conflict.

>          Sherie Taylor - Belonging
To see a human, without the human being in the frame is hard. It's done here very well, along with the disorienting angle.

>          Trevor Cunningham - red riding hood
I see the pink ribbon symbol of breast cancer, even if in black and white. Longer look brings seeds into focus, but still see pink ribbon...even in black and white.

Thank you to all that contribute. Makes the week either end well or begin anew!

Belinda