[no subject]

Ken Frazier

A Father's Love:  Perfect for Fatherâs Day.  This is well done â nice lighting and well framed.  It has a Norman Rockwell feel to it.

David Dyer-Bennet
Dinosaur! Oh, okay, Emu:  Your title made me smile as did your subject matter.  Clean, sharp and well composed.  I like it.

Jim Snarski
Preening:  So much detail considering the circumstances of the shoot.  This is beautiful â the pale blue sky enhances the birdâs beauty.

Lea Murphy

Edyn playing with refrigerator magnets:  In my mind, I can see the look of concentration on Edynâs face.  This shot captures a quiet moment in a childâs day.  Nice lighting.

Emily Ferguson
Hanging the show:  I can see this on the showâs brochure.  All photos in this weekâs gallery seem to have very nice lighting in common, and this one is no different.  I love the hat and the peach-colored shirt; the soft, warm lighting, and the window beside the lady hanging the art is pleasing.

Robert Hall
Henry Cowell:  This one is a classic.  I love it.  This photograph makes me âwant to be there.â

John Retallack
Make Believe:  Interesting â there is so much to look at.  I love the house and fence which are so every-day-real, and the faces, which are not.  Well done.

Eric Grace
Rocky. Mountain. Not-so-high:  This held my interest for some time.  I find the figure in the background ethereal, but the rocks are solid.  This makes for an interesting contrast.

Sherie Taylor
Belonging:  This makes a strong, sad statement.  If it were mine, Iâd crop in closer to the basket and eliminate the tree and car in the background which are distracting.   This might make your statement even stronger.

Trevor Cunningham
red riding hood:  Very clean and simple, but fascinating.

This weekâs gallery had a variety of subject matter.  All work is very well done â great show.  Thank you to those who contributed and to Andy and staff for hanging the show.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com