Re: gallery review

>Mario Filipe Pires - White clouds over red lady The starkness of this image is nicely matched to the oversaturation of the tones. I like it very much. The double white lines at the bottom offer a nice >balance to the clouds. Well seen.

Tank you Lea, i saw the lady walking and had to rush so that i could take the picture at that precise moment.

MÃrio Pires

Curso de EstÃtica FotogrÃfica -http://esteticafotografica.org

retorta@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.retorta.net
http://twitter.com/retorta

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 15:33, Lea Murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated MAY 28, 2011. Authors with work now on display at:Âhttp://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.htmlÂinclude:

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂJim Thyer - Hobart Waterfront You've done a wonderful job of capturing tones in this image. There's a bit of an optical illusion going on in that the image is heavily weighted on the right but the horizon line is lilting to the left. I realize by straightening the horizon you'll skew the verticals. I wish I was on one of those boats right now.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂKen Frazier - Harriet Comments sent in separate post.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂAndrew Sharpe - Cactus flowers A bit messy for my taste but a nice job on the tones. I might have cropped that lower left corner to get that flower bit out of there or at least burned it down which keeps eyes focused on the main group of flowers.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂEmily L. Ferguson - Naiad navigating the channel I don't know enough about sailboats and sailing to know if this boat is coming or going but I like where it's positioned in the frame. Those clouds are spectacular and contrast well with the texture in the trees. there is a sandy spot (maybe a house?) in the middle of the trees that I would clone out in order to keep the eye moving.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLea Murphy - Rachel kicks Photographing kid soccer games is a challenge due to the numbers of games going on at one time in the complex and the amount of visual debris typically found in the background. Also, at Rachel's current level of play the team coaches are on the field offering guidance to the players and more often than not they manage to be right where the action is. Good images are frequently ruined by really distracting elements that are very, very difficult to work around. I like this image very much because it shows Rachel's drive, her athleticism and her body with nothing to distract. I was pleased.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂTrevor Cunningham - waiting for a cause Interesting. When I looked at the thumbnail I thought this was some sort of clerical or priestly collar and was tickled to discover a bean pod when I opened it. Your tones are nice, your composition is good. Do I wish there was some indication of what it's resting on instead of appearing to float in black space? I'm not sure.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂJohn Palcewski - Horseman, pass by! An unusual perspective indeed. The trees are a nice touch and help to balance the image. It goes dark on the rider's face and I wish it didn't. Kudos for seeing out of the box.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com