Re: pricing prints to sell

On Wed, February 23, 2011 11:06, Lea Murphy wrote:

> I was totally unprepared and didn't quite know what to say so sort of
> stammered around and didn't say anything indicating a price.
>
> I'd love to sell some of these as I feel they are worthy of hanging on a
> wall.
>
> I am certain I'm not the only one here who has been in this situation.
>
> How have some of you handled this kind of situation?

The relatively few times I've sold prints, I've under-charged shamefully
(thus taking the bread out of the mouths of the children of real
photographers).  (Luckily, it hasn't come up often enough for very many of
their children to actually starve based on my pricing.)

Slightly larger prints (slightly larger images, on considerably larger
paper with bigger borders, I believe) by artists with established history
of selling prints seem to be in the $100-$500 range (plus outliers).

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info