Re: gallery review

The bright spot is a "hot spot". From what I've read in forums, this occurs to greater/lesser degree depending upon the choice of lens. For these shots, I'm using a Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro (which, by the way, is a fantastic piece of glass for the price) which, unfortunately, is more prone to IR hot spots than I would like. In the RAW image, they're blue in tone, so I use the color range select tool to desaturate, leaving a rather neutral highlight. I like that it almost makes it look lit from a second angle, but I can see how you might find it distracting.