gallery review

      Lea Murphy - Christie, Grace and Alfred

		I've enjoyed reading reviews of this photograph. Someone asked how this was lit. I use a five and a half foot octabank to photographer right with a reflector board opposite just out of view, very near the subjects. No lights were used on the background.

      John Palcewski - Cynthia & Sappho

		At first glance this appears to be a simple snapshot. Further looking reveals some interesting textures in the shadows of the sand and some really beautiful skin tones in what is clearly very harsh light.

      Emily Ferguson - twins

		I, too, frequently arrive at public places when there is no one abou and I enjoy photographing a typically lively place in its quiet state. Good light.

      Pini Vollach - Nothing

		That's a whole bunch of nothing. I'm delighted by the order within what appears to be a very chaotic image.

      Rubin F. Diehl - RoboTrain

		I have no idea what I'm looking at in this image. A subway car? I'm not sure what a Eurotrian is but I really, really like this image. It reminds me of a science fiction creature with one big, red eye. Your tones are wonderful here.

      Trevor Cunningham - flame tree leaves

		I like the soft-colored, gentle tones you've achieved with this image. The bright center is distracting to me. I wonder how it was created, the blast of light that is.

      Dan Mitchell - Bell Tower

		That is a lovely church. The road does such a nice job leading the eye into the image but dumps the viewer out at a disappointing spot...a small building with a distractingly busy side. The people in this image give a wonderful sense of scale.

      David Dyer-Bennet - Skinner Memorial Chapel (east face) at Carleton College

		That sky is just plain wonderful and how nice to get it with a chapel as the subject. The lamp post is distracting to my eye and I wonder what a tighter left crop would look like.

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com