Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5561

> Re: BELL TOWER
>

> Dan Mitchell -- Bell Tower -- Well composed. I feel like I need a caption with historical content.

The tower is very unusual in that it is entirely detached from the church immediately beside it - and, having been built around 1240 AD, was already around 250 years old when Columbus visited America.

Put in — "west walton uk" -- to Google Earth and zoom in to the detail to see the tower casting a long shadow on the nearby Church.