Re: PF members exhibit on May 16, 200

Hi all,

Here are a few thoughts on this week's gallery:

----- Original Message ----- From: "ADavidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxx>
<SNIP>
Subject: PF members exhibit on May 16, 200

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 16, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

               Lea Murphy -

Another amazing iPhone photograph. The slight tilt bothers me slightly. It took a minute to realize that was the rail and not a shadow.

               Jim Davis - Yellow Trees

I know the "rule" is to have a strong foregound element but the grasses distract a bit. The composition of the rest of the photograph is so strong and the colors terrific.

               Trevor Cunningham - plants taller than i (cont.)

I liked the other and I like this one too. The low angle works well.

               Dan Mitchell - Tree

The composition here is very nice. The low saturation works for me. Maybe there is a "Poloroid" future.

               Marilyn Dalrymple - Still Life in Red

Yes, the red theme does bring these objects together. I also like how the bright rim of the vase balances the dark area. Sometimes a simple still life makes a good photograph.

               Emily L. Ferguson - To the Beach - brrr

This is a very pretty, nicely composed landscape. Without the explanation I would not have gotten cold or the beach.

               Michael Hughes - Warm-up

I like this for the moment captured. I feel like had the flash been bounced off the ceiling the softer, more even light would have helped.

               John Palcewski - Butterfly Candidate

A nice capture, John. The lighting works well bringing out nice detail.

               David Small -

This is a very strong nude image. The pale skin against the dark industrial equipment makes for a nice contrast. One very minor nit, as uncomfortable as it might have been, he should have lost the flip-flops.

<SNIP>

Mark Harris