Re: Zoomable image

I know what you mean. These large places have this effect on me as well. If not an issue of height, it's the scale of the architecture. I recall feeling wobbly in the Aja Sophia on the main floor, as well as Durham Cathedral and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher (Easter is a madhouse there). I can only imagine hanging over that railing to get the fresco just below you! When you look through the viewfinder, it seems that danger goes away...maybe that can explain why war photogs can get the shots they get (or esle they're simply mad).

Andrew Paul Brooks wrote:
I wanted to try and show how vertigo feels, as I had it bad whilst shooting this, and only taking the pictures kept me from fully freaking out.