RE: Zoomable image

Hi Trevor,
Glad you checked the shot out and liked it http://www.andrewbrooksphotography.com/view-main-gallery.php?id=71 ,  this one was a true epic,  it took around a year of retouching(In my spare time),  and was quite mind bending to put together,  working on this image has made every other picture I have worked on seem quite easy.

I think there are around 250 captures in it,  and it really is just layering and overlapping by eye,  this picture really started to grow and kind of took on a life of it's own,  I visited St Peters and right away spotted that I was stood at the exact spot that M C Escher has created an image from http://www.math.technion.ac.il/~rl/M.C.Escher/1/st.peter.gif so I wanted to try and create a photoreal Escher, but then it kind of grew from there. The end image is around 2.8gig so there is tons of detail to be seen.  I shot it from many places, basicly whist there I tried to collect as much infomation with my camera as possible, then back at my computer I rebuilt my version of the view,  also I wanted to try and show how vertigo feels, as I had it bad whilst shooting this,  and only taking the pictures kept me from fully freaking out.

Cheers,

Andrew